Be Sure to See the Getting Started Guide:
Click Here
X

California

State Gathering Location

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by California George Meilahn 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    California
    George Meilahn
    Participant

Which locale do you prefer: Sacramento area, Fresno area, or Riverside area?

California
    Freewater Issah
    Participant

I guess Sacramento will be best for the Gathering. But please let it be at least in three (3) months time for me to raise enough fund for my coming and prepare well because it takes a long process here in Nigeria

California
    George Meilahn
    Participant

If in Sacramento area, November to February are off season times. If enough people show interest, I will plan for the gathering near where I live, which is about midway between San Francisco and Sacramento.

California
    Freewater Issah
    Participant

Is there a way you can send messages to old members who are yet to move to the new platform so you can carry them along?

California
      Rodger Niemeier
      Keymaster

Exec Elder Mooney retains the email addresses of all members from the beginning; state members from the old website as well.  I would suggest contacting him (thru Help Desk) to ask him if there is yet a way to contact the state (or country) members who had registered on the old website.

California
    George Meilahn
    Participant

The numbers that has migrated from the old platform to the new one are noticeably lower. We had, as I recall, over 300 members of the California group in the old format. Yet few members regularly were posting on that group’s page. It took me a couple tries to make the transition to the new platform myself.

California
    George Meilahn
    Participant

That would help get the dialog going. I remember a while back our group had a discussion about a gathering and finding a central location was the biggest hurdle. I think each of those three areas has its own appeal and foresee alternating locales from year to year.

California
    Freewater Issah
    Participant

I’m face with the same issue here in Nigeria getting members move from old platform to the new platform especially those who was a bit active before. I do send them messages asking them to move to the new platform but very few (less than 10 out of 300+) has done that. That is why we could not hold any Gathering yet in Nigeria. But I believe before the year runs out, we shall be able to hold at least 2. We need to put more effort to carry them along the way we do to our babies. lol

California
    George Meilahn
    Participant

Possible location found in Colton. Nearest airport  Ontario. We have ~ 50 members within an hour of Colton. How many would attend if scheduled early November?

California
    George Meilahn
    Participant

Bay Area locales near me are indoor: http://www.journeyantioch.com and outdoor: Black Diamond Mines Regional Preserve http://www.ebparks.org

Southern CA venue possible at Colton Library. Would have to be early November. Member input?

California
    George Meilahn
    Participant

The Colton Library won’t be acceptable. I have enough interested members who would be willing to visit Antioch and hold the venue there on November 30th. I will firm up the place this week. Read the NACM updates for this month. It details who can come to a gathering. I will post the six motels within a five mile radius of the venue. I will inquire about a group discount at the Hampton Inn tomorrow.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Skip to toolbar