NEW Survey Says Group for Polls and Opinions: Click Here
X

Home Forums Group Forums Words of Encourgement

2 voices
1 reply
  • Creator
    Topic

Maybe I will win the lottery someday, then I’ll show ‘em how it is!  Someday maybe I will get over this stupid cold, maybe it will warm up tomorrow, and maybe that guy in the car behind me will learn that he can’t control his car when he follows that close!   Wow, lots of maybes, maybe this maybe that, all day long is maybes!  Don’t you get sick of maybes?  I know that I do, never sure of anything that’s me, “OOPS” that’s not  really true, I am sure of this one thing and that is that  JESUS CHRIST  LOVES ME!!  Seriously, is there anything going on in our lives that we can really be sure of and be able to count on when we need them?  I will say that I will get at this tomorrow and get it figured out, but then maybe hits again!  What if I am not here tomorrow?  The Bible describes just such an incident, Luke 12:16-21 tells of a rich farmer who hadn’t enough room to store all of his crops so he decided to tear down his barns and build bigger ones.  He said to himself now I can eat, drink and be merry because I have enough to last me for years.  But GOD said, fool, this night your soul will be required of you; then whose will these things be that you have provided?  So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich with GOD!   This “maybe” thing has been around for a long time, hasn’t it?  How many plans have we made that “maybe” has destroyed?  Another example is that I planned to go deer hunting with our family doctor, bought some hunting clothes and was really looking forward to this fun day.  That very night my Dad got very sick and we had to take him to see the doctor, “the same doctor I was to go hunting with”!   Maybe struck again and the trip never happened!  What do we have or what can we do that will not be affected by, “maybe”?  We can make plans and do our best to follow through on them but maybe is always present and sure things are hard to come by!  In the end GOD is the only answer, the only sure thing!   So that, “giving it to GOD” thing takes on new meaning, doesn’t it?  When we can grow in CHRIST enough to understand that with GOD all things are possible we should also understand that without GOD everything is imp0ssible!   Meaning that we can’t do anything on our own that is a sure thing, at best whatever we try will a maybe!  We haven’t any assurance of that what we think will happen will happen.  Let’s bring this home, we try and we fail, maybe has done it again.  As CHRISTIANS our first course of action should be PRAYER.  Then we need to really take a close look at what we called a failure, was it really a failure or a better solution?  Many times at the end of the day what we called a failure was exactly what was needed!   When that isn’t the case and we have made a mess of things we need to look inside ourselves. We can learn to troubleshoot cars and machines but we have difficulty troubleshooting ourselves!  The first thing to understand is that if GOD isn’t in it it ain’t gonna work!  Are we doing everything for the right reasons?  Are we trying to boost our own ego, be honest with yourself, it is something we all have to wrestle with.  Is what we are trying to do what GOD wants from us?  HIS ways are much higher than ours.  Check your heart, do you feel good about it, any reservations?  I ask myself these questions, but nowhere near often enough!  Failure is only bad when we don’t learn from it!  GOD BLESSES US ALL!!

<p class=”share-links clear”>Share</p>
    <p class=”small dy-clear view-count-container”><span class=”view-count-label”>Views:</span> <span class=”view-count”>27</span></p>

<dl id=”cf” class=”discussion noindent”>
    <dd>
    <p class=”toggle”>▶ Reply to This</p>
    </dd>
    </dl>

<h3 id=”comments”>Replies to This Discussion</h3>
    <dl class=”discussion clear i0 xg_lightborder”>
    <dt class=”byline”><span class=”xg_avatar”><span class=”table_img dy-avatar dy-avatar-48 “></span></span>Permalink Reply by James Duane Kvale on <span class=”timestamp”>December 1, 2018 at 8:50pm</span></dt>
    <dd>

Hello Jake. This experience of maybe comes with age. When we were young we didn’t really think about maybes’ as we do now. The reason is “experience” good or bad experience is a great teacher. Maybe you agree or maybe not?

This word maybe leads to decisions; multiple choices; consequences that effect not only yourself but countless people that come in contact  with you.

How about this? Let’s forget about maybe and use the word “will be”.

This will be a short letter, no maybe about it.

I enjoy your post and “will be” looking for more.

Sounds more positive doesn’t it?

God bless you;

Pastor Jim

</dd>
    <dd>
    <ul class=”actionlinks”>

• <p class=”toggle”>▶ Reply</p>
  • <li class=”actionlink”>

</dd>
    </dl>
    <dl class=”discussion clear i1 xg_lightborder”>
    <dt class=”byline”><span class=”xg_avatar”><span class=”table_img dy-avatar dy-avatar-48 “><span class=”dy-badge-text bottom-right”><span class=”dy-badge-text-bg”>
    </span><span class=”dy-badge-text-label”>STATE ELDER</span></span></span>
    </span>Permalink Reply by Jake Sartwell, Coord Elder VT on <span class=”timestamp”>December 2, 2018 at 7:16am</span></dt>
    <dd>

Sure thing Brother Jim, it comes with age and sometimes gives us a little, “catching up” to do!  Let’s not get our will be’s and our maybe’s mixed up!  Thanks for the Blessing Brother Jim, I wish the same for you!!  GOD BLESS!!

</dd>
    <dd>
    <ul class=”actionlinks”>

</dd>
    </dl>
    <dt class=”byline”><span class=”xg_avatar”><span class=”table_img dy-avatar dy-avatar-48 “></span></span>Permalink Reply by James Duane Kvale on <span class=”timestamp”>December 10, 2018 at 10:18pm</span></dt>
    <dd>

Hello Jake. I like your 2nd to last sentence. “Failure is only bad when we don’t learn from it!”

I just read in Ecclesiastes this morning that history repeats itself and God is in control of it. Talk about failure and not learning from it. Solomon was well aware of this problem.

I’ll be back tomorrow with more. God bless you and keep posting.

Pastor Jim

</dd>
    <dd>
    <ul class=”actionlinks”>

</dd>
    </dl>
    <dt class=”byline”><span class=”xg_avatar”><span class=”table_img dy-avatar dy-avatar-48 “></span></span>Permalink Reply by James Duane Kvale on <span class=”timestamp”>December 11, 2018 at 9:46pm</span></dt>
    <dd>

Hello Jake. Here is more on the statement on the second to the last sentence “Failure is only bad when we don’t learn from it!”  Ecclesiastes 3:15 What is happening now has happened before and what will happen in the future has happened before , because God makes the same things happen over and over again.

Ecclesiastes 1:9-11;   History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new. Sometimes people say, “Here is something new!” But actually it is old; nothing is ever truly new. We don’t remember what happened in the past, and in the future generations, no one will remember what we are doing now.

“Maybe” Isaiah is also commenting on this “Failure is only bad when we don’t learn from it!” Chapter 44 verses 18 thru 20. Such stupidity and ignorance! Their eyes are closed, and they cannot see. Their minds are shut, and they cannot think. The person who make the idol never stops to reflect, “Why it’s just a block of wood! I burned half of it for heat and used it to bake my bread and roast my meat. How can the rest of it be a god? Should I bow down to worship a piece of wood?” The poor deluded fool feeds on ashes.  He trust something that can’t help him at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, “Is this idol that I’m holding in my hand a lie?”

So here we are today. People worshiping idols; all different kinds, shapes, sizes live or dead, property, possessions, power, positions, and whatever else you can make up. Have we learned? Or do we keep failing because we don’t learn from it?

I enjoyed our time together. You had a lot to say and I “maybe” will read some more later.

Pastor Jim

</dd>
    <dd>
    <ul class=”actionlinks”>

</dd>
    </dl>
    <dl class=”discussion clear i1 xg_lightborder”>
    <dt class=”byline”><span class=”xg_avatar”><span class=”table_img dy-avatar dy-avatar-48 “><span class=”dy-badge-text bottom-right”><span class=”dy-badge-text-bg”>
    </span><span class=”dy-badge-text-label”>STATE ELDER</span></span></span>
    </span>Permalink Reply by Jake Sartwell, Coord Elder VT on <span class=”timestamp”>December 12, 2018 at 6:15am</span></dt>
    <dd>

Hello Again Jim!  Ain’t it the the TRUTH?  The knowledge has been allowed us all for I don’t know how long.  We know in our hearts, at least if we let GOD into our hearts, that nothing is really ever new.  When I think of this I wonder just what the people were really like during the tower of babel.  I think most would think that the were a backward people that didn’t have the knowledge to build this or they wouldn’t even had tried.  Did you ever think that maybe they were very advanced.  GOD stopped them from building that tower, would it have been necessary if they weren’t capable?  Not anything to do with the subject but for me it is quite interesting.    I sometimes gingerly bring up the idol thing at church.  We are so flabbergasted that someone could worship a piece of wood, but do we do the same with a piece of metal, maybe a car, a home or even a set of golf clubs!!  Going back to when Moses when up on the mountain to receive the commandments, how long did it take for the Israelites to find them an idol?  You would think that at least Aaron and Miriam would have resisted, especially that they wouldn’t have lead them into molding the golden calf!  We come from a long line of “idolizers”, but thank GOD HE GAVE US JESUS!!  How many times must the lesson be repeated before we learn?  We think highly of the doctors and medicine and rightfully so, but do we give credit to GOD for the cure realizing that medicine by itself hasn’t any ability to cure, it only helps the body to cure itself!   We are being led away from believing that GOD is real, we hear about super hero’s such as superman and batman or spiderman, and we relate this fictitious characters to GOD, and to some HE becomes fictitious.  Oh well, just keep trying, let JESUS shine through no matter what, HE did and see how that turned out!  No one can question that HIS birth made the biggest change this world has ever seen.  Ok, off of my soapbox.  GOD BLESS YOU BROTHER.

</dd>
    <dd>
    <ul class=”actionlinks”>

</dd>
    </dl>

<p class=”left”>RSS</p>

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!