Welcome to Our New Fellowship Platform

Failures and Sucesses

Fellowship Navigation Forums Words of Encouragement Failures and Sucesses

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mary Glaser Hospitality Elder 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jenny Wright
    Participant

This came to me in my quiet time a while back.  I shared it with a specific friend that I felt like needed it, but it’s good, so I thought I’d share it here.

You don’t love your children any less when they fail. That’s a given. But a good parent also doesn’t love their kids any more when they succeed. Unconditional love is unconditional…period. You can’t judge your value and worth on the good and successful things you do without becoming a slave to everything you fail at.

Basing your identity on your successes is no different than one of your kids trying to do a bunch of stuff really well and constantly asking you, “Do you love me more now? What about now? What about now? Wait, let me go do this. Okay, what about now?” At some point you would take hold of your child, tell them to stop and calm down, and you would simply hold them in a big bear hug. Your identity isn’t determined by what you fail and succeed at. Your identity is found in belonging to Him. Quit struggling to get yourself out of His embrace so you can keep trying to prove your worth. Just let Him hug you and find your worth there.”

• Author
    Replies

Mary Glaser Hospitality Elder
    Participant

Amen! Jenny!

May the Lord Bless you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.