Welcome to Our New Fellowship Platform

Don't give up, hold on to the end

Fellowship Navigation Forums Words of Encouragement Don't give up, hold on to the end

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ENOCH ADEYEMI 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

ENOCH ADEYEMI
    Participant

“But refuse profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.” – 1 Timothy 4:7-8

The above scripture for today is the direct word of Apostle Paul at the conclusive part of his assignment on earth. If you read through the account of Paul in many of his writings, he went through diverse difficult times, diverse persecutions, diverse oppositions, trials and victimization. In his message to the Corinthians, he said in 2 Corinthians 11:25-27,

“Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.”

That was incredible but it was true. Paul went through all these ordeals and predicaments, yet he held on to the end. He fought to the end. He never gave up. He got the victory. He was triumphant. That is why I am too sure you will also finish your course. You will overcome. You will win that battle. All it takes is to be born of God. Be born again. The Word says,

“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” – 1 John 5:4

Don’t give up! Hold on to the end! God’s grace is sufficient for you. Paul said,

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” – Romans 8:35-37

If you won’t give up, you will end well. If you will hold on to the end, you will be crowned. Paul, in spite of his situations and circumstances, was always rejoicing, and always trusting. He said,

“Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” – Hebrews 13:5

Hold on to God for that marriage, God will see you through; it will not break off in a divorce. Hold on to God in that failed relationship. God will restore it or give you a better one. Hold on to God for your healing, for your miracle job and the end shall be great.

Hold on to God. Don’t give up; the end shall be great in Jesus name.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.