Welcome to Our New Fellowship Platform

Charity: Church vs. Government

Fellowship Navigation Forums Ministry Talk Charity: Church vs. Government

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Eric Wm Miller Elder NY 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Eric Wm Miller Elder NY
    Participant

In 1 Corinthians 13 (KJV) Paul wrote about ‘Charity’ as the term used in the KJV version of the Bible but when looking up the definition of ‘charity’ on at least dictionary.com one of the descriptions is:

Christian love; agape.

So how is it that nowadays in both the Church(mostly US) and Secular realms that ‘Charity’ is not provided by the Church, but expected from our Government?  Should we not be showing Christ’s Love(Agape) to our fellow man and in such become that beacon of hope and faith?

1Cor13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

It is up to us, Brothers and Sisters, as Christians to show Charity: Christ’s Love/Agape Love, to the world and in so doing we share Hope and Faith. The Government cannot do that for us (just look around you to see what happens when they ‘try’).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.